Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vegas here we come

For about a month now, Bob has been saying that he was going to win his pool championship and go to Vegas.  Well.... this past weekend, he played Friday night until very late, Saturday, all day-until very late, and again all day Sunday.  First as a team and then individual.  He arrived home late Sunday night, looking very tired.  He informed me that he lost the individuals, in the finals, in the last match.  I try very hard to be sympathetic about these things, so I just remarked...  "I guess no Vegas this year".   To my surprise, and I do mean I was very surprised, he announced that he wasn't going as a single, but he was going with the team.  "Did I want to come along?"  Hell yes.....  So... we leave Nov 3 and return Nov 8.   He has to play 2 matches a day. (whatever that means).  I can do whatever I like, but maybe the rest of the wives would be coming to watch them play....  I really don't care for this kind of peer pressure.  I have been on the internet, checking out shows....  did you know that Don Rickles is still alive?  and working?  I now believe that Vegas is where old entertainers go to die.... Tony Orlando, Sheena Easton... Donnie & Marie.. and oh dear God....Andy Williams..  I am sure he is dead, but still doing 2 shows a night...
Maybe I will just go to gamble and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment