Tuesday, March 27, 2012

So much for regular posting.......

Wow..  March already... and the last half of March.  Today is in the mid 20's out there and I just came back to work after a short walk.   It was very difficult to open that front door and walk thru it.
Well.. now it is Mar 27th.. I spent the past weekend bonding with my 4 yr old grandson.  If I could just tap into his energy source.  We walked to the park twice on Friday and then back to my place for a game of hide and seek.  I had forgotten how much running is involved in that game.  I drove him home about 5pm, came home and crashed until Bob came home from work at 8.  I grabbed a frozen pizza from the basement freezer, and thru that in the oven for his supper.  He is lucky to get that considering I had to walk down those basement stairs and back up again, after my very active day. 
Saturday I foolishly went to Costco....  dear God, what was I thinking.   I figured if I went as soon as they opened, I could be out of there in record time and back on the road home.....  wrong.... my own mistake of course.   I browsed thru the clothing section, the book section, the seasonal section and the candy.....
I took by son Brandon along so I did get some quality mother/son bonding in as well.  After we escaped from Costco, we slipped around the corner to the Lindt outlet... that's right..  the chocolate place.   Big bargains on those cute little gold bunnies, plus they gave us a free bunny when we left.  That made the stress of Costco all go away.  And to top the morning off, I had a wonderful breakfast with my son.  I dropped him off, with his Costco treasures and headed home for a nap.  After my nap, I think my mental balance was off because I walked up to Bob's workplace as part of my new exercise program.  I am starting to wonder if I have an inner death wish, because I truly thought I was going to die by the time I got to Nexans. 
It's not over.....  Sunday I spent the day bonding with Caleb again...  we really do have a wonderful time together, but he wears me out.  This time we went for a walk and then headed to a "new" park.  The park was between my house and Bob's work.   After about 20 minutes at the park, Caleb had to poop.... really badly.. in his words.  It was closer to Nexan than home so we headed to see Papa.  Well, he obviously didn't have to go that badly because we stopped at every ant hill, unusual stone and picked up half a dozen sticks.  When we finally got to our destination he was distracted again and did not have to go.  He was abit tired after our adventurous walk and actually asked Papa for the truck keys, so Grandma could drive him back to the park.  Bob almost wet himself.  He was sure Caleb would be at least 16 before he came around looking for the keys to his truck.  Anyway, he reached into his coat pocket and gave him the keys.... I guess it is what we can expect for our future with our grandsons........ with no regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment