Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Once again..... I'm back

My promise to write regularly in this blog just keeps getting harder.  Although, today it is really easy to write.  We have been blessed with another grandbaby.  Our new grandson is Jackson Richard Gear.  He arrived yesterday, June 21, 2011 at noon, weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 10 oz.   Tomorrow I get to go to the hospital to hold him for the first time.  His big brother Caleb met him today.  According to his Dad, he was very excited.  My life is filled with beautiful boys.
On the other topic that I am sure you are all waiting to hear about...... the renovations......  the contractor is done.... do not confuse that with "the renovation is done".  My kitchen is beautiful.  Lovely hardwood floors, new cupboards and appliances.  But the finishing touches...  well, let's just say.. there aren't any finishing touches.  The trim is incomplete, the bathroom is a bare room filled with extra drywall and insulation that they didn't even bother to clean up.  The broom closet has not trim or even a door. 
The bottom line is that I am sure the contractor had every intention of completing this job, but it was important to me to have the house finished for Christmas 2011.  If you get my drift.
Any additional work that gets done, will be prefaced with a contract containing  a solid finishing date.
Anyway, feel free to stop in to see what is done and after all...  the front and back yard are magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment