Friday, April 29, 2011

Waiting....

Here I sit at the car dealership, waiting for an oil change. That has been my whole day… waiting…..


First I lay awake, staring at my alarm clock, 5 minutes before it was to go off. I didn’t want to get up because I still had 5 more minutes. Then I waited at every stop light on my way to work, because I hit them all red. Then I waited in my car, in the parking lot, before going into the office because it was pouring rain.

Response time on my computer was slow today and I sat and waited what seemed an eternity everytime I hit enter. Of course, that means that I spent a great part of my day waiting for the end of the work day.

I promised my kids I would stop at Costco on my way home to pick up a few things for them. Costco isn’t exactly on my way home.

Today I decided it would be a lot quicker if I took a different route. I should have listened to the radio, because for some reason the 401 had some lane closures and several feeder lanes were closed. It took 30 minutes to get from one intersection to the next… a normal 5 minute trip. It took a total of 45 minutes to get to my destination. Surprisingly, I found a parking spot almost instantly and I was very excited. It didn’t last too long… I couldn’t find a shopping cart. I had to wait until a young man went about the parking lot, collecting them.

I got hungry wandering around the store and there were lots of sample ladies so I decided to try out a few… guess what….. I had to wait while they got their samples ready.

An hour and a half later, I was back in the parking lot, loading up my trunk, and heading home.

Well.. not home, first the oil change, then I will have to stop at the young one’s place to drop off his groceries, then I have to stop and pick up something for supper, and then to the boy’s place to drop off his groceries. I am pretty sure I will be waiting once again, at each stop.

But then…. haven’t you all been waiting for me to write this new article for my blog……………

No comments:

Post a Comment