Tuesday, April 26, 2011

less than 8 months to go

I didn't forget to remind you on Monday that there are only 8 months left until Christmas 2011.  I just didn't go online all day.  So now I am reminding you that there are only 8 months left until Boxing Day 2011.  
With all this beautiful Spring weather, I know it is hard to think about Christmas.  But let me just point out to all of you, it is already, only 8 months to go.  Where did those first 4 months go??
For me, they are just dragging by.  Once again I whine about the mess and disarray of renovations.  I have been in my house for over 30 years and the only "reno" we have ever done was to move furniture around a room while we either wall paper or paint or put in a new light fixture.  I change my bedspread regularly too, but I now know that this does not count as renovations.
Bob thinks the renovations are wonderful.... there is not a Christmas item or Santa anywhere to be found in our house right now. 
My withdrawal is usually tendered with being able to be in the backyard or better yet, the pool, but it is way too early for that too.  I can't work my way thru my depression by baking because I don't have a stove... or anything that resembles a kitchen.  I tried baking Easter cookies on the barbque, but that was abit of a disaster. 
.  Needless to say, Easter didn't perk me up much either. Oh, I had a wonderful weekend eating and being around my family.  I guess that would pass for celebrating Easter, but I only like the Easter Bunny for his chocolate and I don't bother to decorate for his arrival... so not much preparation done there.
Is it any wonder that I just sit and whine, and just generally make Bob's life miserable.......Good job this is a once in a lifetime adventure........

No comments:

Post a Comment