Thursday, March 3, 2011

What's your brain age

All week I have been looking forward to dinner with my Writers group. I have not been able to attend for at least 4 months and was finally free of obligation. We meet on the first Tuesday of every month, at the same restaurant, so that fellow members of the group always know where we are. Anyway… that was last night.



At the end of my work day, I drove home, made dinner and suddenly remembered my Writers group. I had talked about it at coffee break with my co-workers, even called my husband early in the day to let him know I wouldn’t be home for dinner. He was very pleasantly surprised when he got home and found dinner on the table.


I don’t get it. I do all these brain exercises. I bought a DS a couple years ago to do the “games” that are supposed to enhance your memory and bring your brain “age” down a decade or two. I do Sudoco out of the paper, I play scrabble with the computer, and number games. All of these are supposed to sharpen the brain. It appears they are filling up my brain and not leaving any room for my reality. I say “my reality” as I do acknowledge that sometimes my reality and other people’s, are worlds apart.


I’m sorry… what were talking about…….






1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Missed you at our dinner meeting. Hope to see you next month.

    Regarding the forgetfulness...

    It happens. We are all so busy and constantly multitasking. It's easier to function on automatic pilot. Next month, put a few reminders in the kitchen, so you don't start cooking.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete