Friday, February 25, 2011

No wonder I'm tired

 My adventures with the children have come to an end, at least for this session. Mommy sent me an email to let me know the reviews were positive. Apparently snow pants are to be worn on the bus, not something I enforced. They don’t remember me yelling at them as they were rushing to get ready for the morning bus. My guess is, that they remember that all the meals I prepared were their favourites. Life is back to normal and now that she has been home for 24 hours, Mommy is just mean….. funny how that works.


I on the other hand, am very tired. I am not sleeping well in my own bed. There is something about sleeping in a big, king-size bed, all alone… compared to sleeping with Bob in our queen-sized bed. But as always, it takes me a couple days to stop missing the little darlings. I’ll be back…..

This will take my thoughts back to my real world.

Today is the 25th… only 10 months until Christmas 2011. You may recall that I bought a new Santa face last month… 75% off… Well I hung it between my living room and dining room. It has been up there for at least a month, but it was just last weekend that my husband saw it. It was “where did that come from” “how long has that been there” “did you just buy that”. I answered honestly…. “It has been there for awhile now; I am waiting for the shed to be done so I have a place to store it. And no I didn’t just buy it”

I think Bob checks the “shed” everyday when he gets home, looking to see if I have started moving some Santa things out there already. I keep his life very interesting.

My thoughts are all over the place today. This morning I was missing the kids. I saw a gardening magazine and started thinking about getting outside in my yard. Then they started talking on the radio about an impending storm so I started thinking about curling up with a book and a cup of tea at the end of the day. That got me thinking about some finishing touches that I have to make to the “shed” and I make mental plans to do that when I get home. Suddenly I remember I have a sick aunt and I should go visit her. Wait, I’m at work and I should probably give that some thought today.

No wonder I can’t sleep. Maybe it isn’t sharing the bed that is keeping me awake after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment