Monday, February 21, 2011

Is it worth reading....

End of Day 2.. Everyone arrived home from school and day care, soaking wet. Sox, mitts, snow pants… totally drenched. All four had a great day.


I asked Abby how she made out with her unfinished homework. Her answer;” it’s okay, Bry did my homework for me on the bus.” Well… no lesson learned there.

Bry’s Mexican Day at school was cancelled and everyone in the class was told about it except Bryanna. Since all I packed in her lunch was the bag of nacho chips and some salsa, for the pot luck lunch, she just ate the chips. She seemed totally unconcerned about the whole thing. She thinks maybe it has been rescheduled for next Friday….. maybe… I don’t know….


We dropped Adam off at Zach’s for a sleep over, due to a 7am hockey game next morning, but not before a discussion about why he is being sent to school everyday. Apparently, it is a plot by all parents, not just his, to “suck the Joy out of his life”. And by the way, he had a good day at school… go figure.

I made Taco’s for supper, so I really rock. Poor Baxter was in bed within half an hour of supper. He was whipped. The girls watched a movie and were in bed by 8:30. I had a very quiet evening.



Day 3 – Saturday..a day I normally sleep until 9ish…a small child entered my room at 6:30 am, to see if I was okay, and to inform me that he was very wet, and very hungry. Yesterday, I didn’t do the Fruit Loops and milk right, so he wanted me to try making him toast & berries. Not sure how I screwed up the cereal, but I did.



When I thought about the events of the last two days, I thought… oh.. so mundane. even I don’t want to read about it. But between the weather and the children … of course there was some adventure or at least something worth writing about.

We got a blast of wind and a dump of snow that closed the highway all day. This meant that the birthday/manicure party that Abby was supposed to go to was not going to make it into our agenda. She was so disappointed…. Mostly about not getting her nails done, promised milk shakes and the movie Tangled, which her parents “didn’t bother to take her to”…

I decided to make an attempt to “fix” things. I dug through Mom’s bathroom cupboard and found some nail polish, an emery board and proceeded to provide a real manicure experience. I set out the little dishes with warm soapy water for both girls to soak in. Then, one at a time, I filed, massaged, creamed up, and then painted nails. Alternating clients at each step. Abby was very impressed. Bryanna not so much. She just wanted me to put on the polish and hurry up and make it dry. I even offered them both a beverage (as I was instructed by Abby) while they waited to dry.

In spite of the weather, Adam was delivered back to the house by 4pm. Since Taco’s are a favorite of his, and we did have leftovers, it was Taco’s again for supper. Looking for even more bonus points, I made milk shakes for them and surprised them with Rice Krsipie squares and chocolate chip cookies.



To sum up the day… potty training is not going well, I have not handed out any smarties yet. Adam’s team got massacred at his hockey game. Abby still upset she hasn’t seen Tangled (and that is all she can think about). Bryanna is totally unaware that there is anything going on in the world around her. And me, I am just hoping to get up in time for Bryanna’s 7am pick up, for hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment