Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And then there were five

Sunday - I am in surprisingly good humor. The sun isn’t shining yet, but the wind is gone and it has stopped snowing. It is 6am and I am up, showered, and waiting to wake up Bryanna, who is in my bed.


She came into my bed about 3am, after going into Baxter’s room first and waking him up. I am not sure why, and neither was she. They both went right back to sleep. Not a luxury I shared with them. Now I was worried again that I would miss the alarm.

When I did get up, I was trying to be very quiet, so as not to wake anyone. Baxter called me almost immediately, but I convinced him it was still nighttime… at least until my shower was done. He burst out of his room like he was making a grand entrance, gave me a big smile and announced, “ I heard you Donna and knew you wanted to see me”

I decided to start right away with potty detail. The smile on his little face disappeared, but he did pee in the potty and got to have a couple smarties for breakfast along with his toast and berries, because if you remember, I don’t do his cereal right.

I had Bryanna dressed, fed and packed for hockey by 7am, when her ride knocked on the door.

By 8:30am… I had 4 dozen cupcakes made, dishes done and kitchen all cleaned up. I decided to go into town, to my house. I enticed the children by telling them we were going to see the new shed. We saw the shed, visited with Bob, and picked up a few supplies for me. We were only there for about 20 minutes before we were back on the road. It was unanimously suggested that we pick up some Timbits…. An excellent opportunity for me to have a coffee, as I haven’t figured out the new coffee machine at the farm.

It was a beautiful afternoon for outside. Temperature about minus 6, but no wind. We were only outside about an hour, when Caleb showed up for a sleepover. So much excitement. Another hour outside and the caregiver was ready for the warmth inside.

And so the rest of the day went… relatively quiet and uneventful. I like that.



Family Day – Oh the luxury… I got to sleep until 7:15am. Caleb woke me, begging to go get his friend Baxter so they could play, “cause it daytime Gramma”

Baxter & Caleb shot thru their respective door ways at the same time. It was like they had been separated for years and were finally meeting again.

OH.. on the potty front… I am going with no pants until breakfast and have had success two mornings in a row. Pee in the potty before breakfast and it gets you 2 smarties. For you smart asses, I am talking about Baxter.

I had promised pancakes and bacon for breakfast so I got to work right away. I have decided that the positive side of getting up this early every morning, means I don’t have to rush into lunch preparations as soon as breakfast is cleaned up. It’s great… it gives me more time to get laundry done and folded up.

Our plan for the day was to stay outside all day. The weather gods have decided otherwise. The three elders went out right after breakfast and were back inside within 15 minutes. Temperature minus 15 and windchill about 10 degrees less. We will try again when it warms up this afternoon…..

We went thru several pair of big boy underpants, but it was usually on the run to the potty that we had some leakage. He wasn’t even done with his dribble before he was asking for his two smarties. This incentive is working.

We watched Despicable Me for about the 4th time this week. I know it has been too many times now, because Caleb & Baxter can recite part of the dialogue before it happens.

I declared Family Day to be DS free. Even Bryanna doesn’t ask any more, as I usually have one day without electronics when I am here for an extended period of time.

Adam got bored this afternoon and dressed up like a Barbie doll… I have loads of pics on my phone, so have to figure out how to get it off there. Eeyore has definitely left the building for the week, because I have not seen him once, since I got here.

The meals today weren’t my best choices, but dessert was served and that keeps me their favorite.

I tucked everyone in tonight, with all of them hoping for a snow day tomorrow, so we can have one more day together….. see…… still the favorite.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are having fun, although I am sure the laundry and the early mornings are getting to you a bit and i bet you were NOT hoping for a snow day. isn't Baxter's face hanging over the side of the bed at 6 am just adorable? Loving the updates, not sure the grandparents can figure out how to get to your blog, but we'll see :) Love, the Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete