Thursday, January 6, 2011

OMG let this day be over

Yesterday, was one of those days. I am totally blaming my husband for all of it.


We both had to get up for work. Being the kind, generous person that I am, I told him that he could have the bathroom first, “but I was shutting off my alarm, so please wake me when you are done”. He heard, “wake me when you leave the house”. Even if that is what I had said, normally that would not be too bad, as he leaves about 7:40. But yesterday, he had a dentist appointment before work, so he woke me at 8:15. I hauled out of bed, had a quick shower, dried my hair, dressed and was out the door by 8:45. Not bad….

Then it all came apart. First off, my house key got stuck in the lock. I could not get it out. I pulled and twisted for about 10 minutes. Finally I went back into the house and searched for the WD-40. Once I found it, I sprayed into the lock until it was oozing oil. Out came my key. Then I scurried down the stairs to my car. The doors were frozen shut. I tried them all. Only 10 minutes earlier, there had been construction workers in my yard, but they left, I am assuming, for coffee.

Finally I put my foot on the passenger door and pulled the driver door with all my might. It gave way. I ended up sitting on the rocks, but the door was open.

I didn’t even let the car warm up before I was on the road. Now I was really late. It was after 9am. When I hit the main road, I got behind a woman who was, in my opinion, afraid to drive with a light snow covering on the road. 30km per hour. Good God, I was never going to get to work. I decided to take the back road. It didn’t look too bad. Well not to far down the road, there was a car in the ditch. The tow truck was pulling it out and the police had me wait until he was done. Fifteen minutes later, I was on my way.

Finally….. I was at work. I almost missed coffee break.

This is not the end of my story……. I went out to lunch with a friend and we tried a new restaurant. It was okay, not rushing back, but okay.

Well…. About 3pm, my stomach was not feeling great. By 4:30 I was in the washroom, tossing my lunch. I immediately felt better.

I finished up my work for the day and headed home. That woman I had encountered in the morning was back on the road, or maybe still there from morning. I am sure it was her. Once or twice, we got it up to 70km in an 80km zone.

When we got into town, I remembered I had to pick up a few things from the grocery store.

Lettuce…. they didn’t have any left, just prepacked bags….yuck.

Hamburg buns…. Didn’t have any, maybe tomorrow , the young man told me.

Milk…. They didn’t have any 1% left, in any size.

So………………… I bought chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment