Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Month

One full month has passed since that wonderful day in December.  I still have the tree up, but it will be coming down this weekend.  My grandson is here today and I told him I was taking it down.  He said: "I will no like that Grandma... I want the tree all the time".  I have him so well trained. 
Anyway... that means that we have only 11 months until Christmas 2011... just 334 days... where does the time go?
As you all know, we have been doing some renovations around the house.  When it was started, I was told it was a fairly small project, very basic.... should only take about 3 weeks.  That was in October.  We do have dry wall up now and it has been taped and mudded.  Should be done any day now...  so I have been told.
Well, yesterday I was told, by Bob, to get up to Dixon's, the local lumber yard, and pick out the paint.  I had already done that back in October, but the "chip" got misplaced.  Well..  the bonus ... Dixon's still has some Christmas decorations on sale, 75% off.  Well, I couldn't just go in there and not buy something.  So, I picked out my paint chip and a beautiful Santa face for somewhere in the house next Christmas.  It was a win-win occasion for me.
Our plan is to continue renovations.... a major one is the next step... kitchen and bathroom.  As much as I want a new kitchen, I am not sure I want to go back into a mess so soon after the first one.   We have gained much knowledge from our first experience and there will definitely be some changes made for the next one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,
    I belong to another writing group in Guelph. Cindy, our organizer has written a comment to your blog at Guelphwritersink, and hopefully we and our groups can meet at dinner on Feb 1st. Is there a way you can let other members of your group know?
    Kasia.

    ReplyDelete