Monday, January 10, 2011

Dreary Nights & Payback

During December, I really enjoyed evening walks.  All the pretty lights glowing from inside everyone's home and the beautiful decorations & lights adorning the outside of so many houses.  Now... it is so dark and gloomy looking.  Every once in awhile, a light or two pops up to bring a smile to my face.  I always find January so depressing.   I get up in the dark, I come home from work in the dark.  That is why I leave my tree up so long.  It is so the rest of my family does not have to endure the wrath of my depression.  You see, I only do it for them.  Once again showing what a self less person I am, always thinking of others.
I had a call from a little 3 year old friend yesterday.  He just left a message on voice mail.  His "bah humbug" father was encourging him in the background to say "Christmas is over Donna".   Well I have news for him.  I will be spending 7 days with his four, impressionable children in the very near future, and you would be amazed how quickly I can erase that humbug brain washing.  Special treats and small gifts help as well. 
I may even convince them to push their parents for a Christmas in July celebration.  They are four in number and the parents are only two.
You would think that John would learn.... don't mess with Donna & Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna,

    Hope that you are feeling better. The days are getting longer and we have passed the halfway mark of this month.

    I like your "humbug brain washing" story. Write it up and enter it in the Postcard or Annual Ultra-Short Contests. See the Writers Ink website for more details.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete