Tuesday, October 19, 2010

While Bob's away...

Well, let me see, Bob has been gone now for 4 days. I actually made a list of things to do while he was away. It is still there, nothing stroked off. Every time he goes away, I fill my calendar with far too many social events. I vowed I would not do that again, but rather I would enjoy my alone time, get at a couple projects I have been putting off and maybe have dinner one night with a friend.

What is it they say..”the best laid plans of mice and men”… it is only Tuesday and I am exhausted. I was out Friday night and Bob hadn’t left yet. Saturday was busy with my little friend Baxter coming for a sleepover. He is three. No work gets done, we simply bond.

Sunday Adam and Caleb came for supper. Not a big deal, but the cover had to come off the barbeque and steaks were in the sink for thawing.

Monday, I had to be at work by 8am as I had to leave by 8:10 for a doctor’s appointment. I wanted them to think that I was at least making an effort. Massage Monday night and then home for a relaxing evening. Thus endeth the “gentle” time.

Out tonight for dinner with my friend Audrey, in Caledon. Tomorrow, dinner with my friend Miss Karen at David’s. Thursday night I am off to Kitchener to pick up Wilda. We are off to dinner & theatre in St. Jacob’s. Not to leave one last night free, I made plans to go out Friday night with my friend Lynda. Dinner & a movie.

I am off on Friday, but have filled it up with appointments. My car needs cleaned inside and out, my hair… well we won’t even go there. Let’s just say that it will be lovely, by noon on Friday. Afternoon, I have running around to do that I promised Bob I would get done in a timely fashion. Before you know it, I will be heading off to Guelph.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I really do miss Bob when he is gone. When he is not away golfing or fishing, I spend more time home alone, watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment