Monday, September 20, 2010

Wow... Monday already.  The weekend passed way to fast.  I did housework, laundry, cooking.... and all I really wanted to do was sleep. I truly believe I was meant to be born with money instead of my terrific personality and good looks.


Bob was busy all day Saturday at the Firehall. Toll Bridge for MD. He spent all day counting the money and then when he came home, he was in bed by 8pm. The remote was mine. Not that there is anything great to watch on a Saturday night, but I taped shows all week that I wanted to see.

I love my VCR. Not sure if I am ready to upgrade to a PVR... just more technology for me to learn and screw up.

I booked my time off for the trip to Vegas. I think I am supposed to be grateful that Bob is taking me along, but instead I am making demands about when we leave and where we leave from.... I think I have forgotten my place...... although... I am not sure I ever really had a "place". If I had vented to anyone else besides Bob, I would appologize, but I doubt that he was even listening. He looked abit "glazed" when I was ranting the other night.

The theatre experience Thursday night was fun. The play was a comedy, so lots of laughing. It was held at the St. Jacobs Schoolhouse. For anyone who hasn't been there, it is set up cafe style. Small tables with 4 chairs around them. The couple that sat with us, were very nice. Wilda kept telling them the same story over and over, about how everywhere she goes, someone she knows comes up to her and gives her a big hug. All of this due to her years in softball in this area. The first time her and Stan, her gentleman companion, went out to the Schoolhouse, the couple that sat with them was an old friend of hers from her umpiring days. Poor Stan was left out of the conversation for the most part and Wilda thought he was abit jealous of all the attention she was attracting...... or so the story goes....... That poor couple with us Thursday night, heard the story at least 3 times in full and another 2 or 3 times in part. I was afraid she was going to keep talking to them thru out the show, but as soon as it started, she stopped talking.... at least until intermission. Enough time had passed by and she forgot she had told the lovely couple at our table, about her and Stan. Soooo, they heard it one more time. At the end of the evening, I thanked them for being so kind and just nodding and smiling as Wilda told her story.
 
Tonight, I am heading for a massage.  A full hour of kneading and poking to make me feel better.  Magic fingers pushing all those aches and pains out of this old body.   Hopefully that "feel good" feeling will last more than a couple of days.  
Everyone benefits when I am feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment