Thursday, September 16, 2010

WOW... desktop banner shows only 100 days until Christmas. Just yesterday I was golfing and thinking a swim in the pool when I get home will be good. But it is definitely Fall. Dark by 8pm and way too cool to go for a swim, even if the pool is heated up to 86F.


It was a great day to golf yesterday. The weather was perfect, which just means it didn't rain and we were all very grateful. The dinner afterwards was so good, and I spent the day with some friends I had not connected with in quite awhile. I even made some terrific shots that won the praise of my group.

I am sure they really were great shots and that my friends were not just trying to make me feel good. Also, I am feeling very stiff and sore today, so I must have golfed good.
 
I am heading off to the Theatre tonight with my good friend Wilda.  Always a fun experience.  First off, Wilda is 91.  She has no filters left. If someone annoys her, she just blasts off about it, caring less about who can hear her.  Her hearing is also diminishing, but as is the case with most seniors.... it is not her hearing.  "You must be mumbling or just not speaking up."   When we go to the theatre, she usually talks thru most of the show, asking me "what did they say".
I can usually talk for days about a 4 hour evening with Wilda as it is free entertainment at it's best.   I sometimes wonder why we pay so much money for the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment