Monday, September 27, 2010

89 more sleeps

As I sit here listening to a Christmas CD, knowing it is only 89 more sleeps...... my thoughts wonder off to a "Christmas Lit House" ... my house. I know I should not wish away the days of my life, and I would not really wish for Christmas year round. Then the "special" of the season might be lost. I spent the weekend with my four little friends. We actually talked about Christmas..... they brought it up..... I love it. All my training over the years has not been wasted. Currently I am planning a four day weekend sleepover with them in November. Mom & Dad are hoping for a quiet retreat. The timing will be perfect. We can decorate the house, inside and out. We can bake. Hopefully the weather will be dry and we can spend some time outside just enjoying the late fall. I can never let the parents know that this is my kind of retreat... they may start charging me money to bond with the children.


I am going shopping on Saturday, for Christmas fabric. I am making new Stockings for the entire family this year. A friend is taking me to Hamilton, to "fabric alley". I inherited a new sewing machine a couple years ago, one with all the gadgets. I am going to spend my evenings this week, figuring it out. I want to be able to start sewing them up asap. No excuses for waiting until the last minute.....

The contractor was over last week and gave me a drawing of my new room... wahoo... very exciting. Hope to start work on my new room in a couple weeks and expect to be done 3 - 4 weeks later. It should be ready for use by Liverfest. I have plans for the new room. Bob has plans for the new room... I don't think they match up at all. We will see.......

No comments:

Post a Comment