Friday, April 9, 2010

SOMETHING NEW

Well, yesterday morning I came into work and found an email from my sister. She just became the first time Grandma of a beautiful little girl. I have a great - niece and her name is Lillie. I could hardly wait for my work day to end so that I could go and introduce myself to her.


I got to the hospital after the daytime visiting hours and before the evening visitation. The nurses tried to give me their best disciplinary stares, but I was going in anyway. There she was, all bundled up, just waiting for me. I gently picked her up and introduced myself. I told her that I was her Auntie Donna who she would worship and adore. She wrinkled up her tiny face, opened her eyes and smiled at me. Then she relaxed and snuggled in for a wonderful cuddle, knowing, she was already safe in my heart. I told her what a special place Christmas was and not to worry that there were only 261 days left, I would make sure she was well prepared and her first Christmas would indeed be special.... as special as she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment